This 20-minute experimental composition consists of five layered field recordings from my morning commute to work. The start and stop time of each recording was marked by when I entered and exited the Kansas Turnpike. Each recording features a combination of road noise and whatever else I was listening to that day:
– Day 1: String Quartet No. 2 – Morton Feldman
– Day 2: String Quartet (1950) – John Cage
– Day 3: Diamond Daze – Pantha du Prince
– Day 4: Rain and windshield wipers
– Day 5: “Morning Edition” (12/9/13) – National Public Radio
Released December 29, 2013. Composed and recorded by Christian Williams in Lawrence, KS.